Are you enthusiastic?
Want to help others?
Excited for new & fun challenges?
JOIN OUR TEAM!
If you are looking for a change of pace, or just a way to move your carrier forward in a meaningful way, perhaps you should join our team here at Leslie & Giles Insurance Limited!
Love to help people;
Are highly ethical;
Have great attention to detail;
Thrive in a professional yet fun work environment;
and of course...are passionate about insurance:
Then we are looking for you!
Send us your resume or drop us a line and we would be happy to set-up a conversation!
If you think we might be a great fit for you and your career, kindly send a copy of your resume & cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Providing insurance services since 1928, Leslie & Giles Insurance Limited establishes long-term, meaningful relationships with clients by being fair & honest in all interactions. We maintain the high reputation of the company by working diligently and ethically to serve our clients’ best interests at all times.
If you are results driven, have an ‘act now, do it today’ attitude, have a vested interest in continuous learning and want to be a part of a winning team – you’ve found the right place!
- Manage day-to-day broker activities (answer client calls, prepare quotes, up-sell/cross-sell, process insurance changes and renewals, etc.)
- Services and grows existing book of business
- Maintain a high client retention rate through by nurturing client relationships and by providing strong customer service & professionalism
- Keep current on underwriting rules and system workflow processing updates
- Complete continuing education to maintain RIBO license
- Current RIBO license in good standing
- Minimum of a college diploma or a university degree from a recognised learning institution
- Minimum of 1 year of personal lines insurance broker experience
- Demonstrated desire to pursue a career in insurance
- Must we willing to commit to obtaining CIP designation or a RIBO II unrestricted license within 5 years
- Proficient using rating systems and Broker Management systems (we use Applied Rating Systems, Power Broker Management system, and various insurer portals)
- Experience ordering MVRs, Autoplus and HITS
- Proficient using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to self-manage and multi-task within a team-based environment
- Must be highly organized
- Must be adaptable and resourceful
- Must have a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have strong prospecting skills
Benefits: Leslie & Giles Insurance Limited offers a challenging and rewarding working environment with a culture of shared ownership, accountability and respect.
- Salaried full-time position with incentive program tied to company results
- Group RRSP, flexible medical expense plan and vacation days
- Sponsorship to obtain the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) program offered by the Insurance Institute of Canada
- Sponsorship to write RIBO II unrestricted license exam
- Personal parking space